GRAY EAGLE SWIM CLUB POOL RULES – 2021
POOL RULES ACKNOWLEDGEMENT: GRAY EAGLE SWIM CLUB REQUIRES THAT ALL MEMBERS READ and acknowledge OUR POOL RULES when signing the 2021 Gray Eagle MEMBERSHIP FORM. YOU CAN CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO ACCESS THE POOL RULES FOR 2021.
Gray Eagle Pool Rules 2021
General Pool Rules
- No Smoking
- No Glass Containers allowed inside the pool gate.
- No food/drink at water’s edge or in the water. Keep food near chairs, tables & concession area.
- All persons using pool and pool area do so at their own risk and sole responsibility.
- No one is allowed in the pool area unless a lifeguard is on duty.
- The baby pool is for children under 6 years of age and must be accompanied by someone age 16 or older.
- The shallow end of the pool is for parents with younger members and/or non-swimmers.
- No diving in water under 5 feet deep. There is no diving at Gray Eagle.
- Floatation devices are NOT permitted. They cannot impair lifeguard sight lines.
- Children in diapers must wear a swim diaper. Swim diapers are sold in concession.
- Only modest swimsuits may be worn. No street clothes in the pool.
- Showers must be taken before entering the pool.
- Persons having infectious diseases, open sores, bandages, cuts or recent vaccinations may not enter the pool.
- Anyone who has had diarrhea in the past 2 weeks shall not use the pool.
- Inappropriate behavior including running rough play, spitting, dunking, littering or foul language will not be tolerated and may result in expulsion from the pool. Parents will be contacted if behavior does not improve after the issue is brought to an individual’s attention by a staff member.
- Lifeguard(s) or authorized personnel may close the pool because of weather or safety reasons and may remove any person as deemed necessary.
- Lifeguard has the final say in all pool activities.
- Inclimate weather policy:
- Rain must not be so heavy that lifeguards cannot see the bottom of the pool
- Thunder: 30 min delay of opening pool AFTER the most recently heard thunder. (May remain on pool grounds)
- Lightning: 1 hour delay of opening pool AFTER the most recently seen lightning. (Pool deck must be cleared)
Gray Eagle Policy/Procedures:
- Members under age 13 who have not passed a lifeguard administered swim test must be accompanied by a responsible guardian age 16 or older.
- Members ages 10, 11 and 12 that have passed a lifeguard administered swim test and have a parent signature on file may come to the pool by themselves.
- Adult swims are called at the end of each hour for 15 mins. Only adults age 18 years or older are permitted in the pool during adult swim.
- Only pool members can purchase guest passes and must accompany guests during their entire visit.
- Gray Eagle is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Rock Wall Rules:
- All members received a copy of the rock wall waiver and agreed to the terms on their membership form.
- Any age member may go on the rock wall as long as they can swim to the rock wall from under the guard chair without touching the bottom.
- Line is in front of the guard chair. Must be touching the wall.
- Exit the water from the ladder closest to the rock wall.
- Feet are not allowed to go to the highest rung of rock wall.
- Do not lean over top of the rock wall.
- Jump off the rock wall feet first (no flipping off the wall).
- 1-2 people at a time on the rock wall.
- Cannot use two panels right next to each other at the same time. May either go one at a time OR two (2) people can race in section 1 and 3 of the rock wall (leaving the middle section open).
- No one may swim in the area under the rock wall. That area is for climbers only.
- No floats allowed in the rock wall area.
- Cannot jump off the wall onto float.
- No one can climb on the rock wall wearing floatation devices.
- Must start to climb the wall from in the water (not from the edge of the pool).
- Do not put feel on top footholds or hang over the